Thursday, May 6, 2010

Low Budget Reception Venues

I was going to do a blog on the cupcake tree I was going to make for my engagement party but I got a cold. I decided to write a blog on Low Budget Reception Venues.

1. Community Centers: Cost: $300-$600 If you plan of catering the event yourself this might be a good option. Most community centers come with a kitchen. Some community centers don't allow alcohol depending no the cities laws and ordinances. Usually the centers are near a park so that is a possibility of having ceremony in the park attached.

I have only come across one community center that includes chairs so that is an added expense of $200-$400 dollars.

2. Park: Cost: $50-$200

I am planning on having my ceremony and reception in the same park both outdoors. You can utilize the picnic tables or a grassy area. We found a neat picnic area that has solar panels as shade panels and enough picnic tables for 150 people. You can also talk with your local Parks and Rec guys about setting up table on a grassy area. You would have to rent tables and chairs which again will probably run you $200-$400. Another issue might be the alcohol thing again. Just check with Parks and Rec about this. You also wouldn't have a kitchen to work with but you could use your home kitchen or if you are from out of town rent a home from http://www.vrbo.com

3. Organization Center [Church Halls, Odd Fellows Hall, Senior Center, Etc.] Cost: $400-$900

If a local group or organization have a community center they most likely have a Multi-Purpose Room. This might include a kitchen as well if you want to self cater it. The ones I have found also include tables, chairs and PA System. The reason these places come so well equipped is because they throw their own events.

4. Hotels, Convention Centers, Banquet Halls Etc. Cost: $3,200-$7000+

Obviously not a low budget venue. This is something I also ways look at when I am overwhelmed. Imagine a place where you don't have to cook the food for the wedding, you don't have to decorate, you don't have to do anything but show up. Then imagine being in debt for a while. I also think that I wouldn't have the creative freedom that I get with doing things the way I want. But if you have the means for this type of wedding go for it. Less stress for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment