Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Google Docs

I figured since I am using Google Docs for a majority of my planning and will be talking about it on here I would do a post about it.

I first started using Google Docs in school to share notes, study guides and also collaborate on projects.

Once I started planning my wedding I used it to collaborate with my Maids of Honor in Portland and in NY. This way they could add things they wanted to it or just write notes.

I also found a template on Google templates for a wedding planner that I turned into my planner. The template was made for people who possibly had more money than I did. But I once again made it my own.

I will start with posting a great idea I had to get information from my wedding party.

I first created a Facebook Group for the wedding party. You can make it a closed private group so only those that you invite join. It's great because you can create events with it [example: Tux Fitting, Dress Fitting, Mani/Pedi's] and this way you can get the word out to the Wedding Party and know who will make it. You can also have discussion boards.

I have digressed! So I made this group on FB and proceeded to post a form that I needed them to fill out. This way I could get all of their info name, address etc.

Here is a link to show what the form looks like. [There are many designs to choose from]


Here is what the spreadsheet will look like.

If you look at the top right corner you notice the button that says share. This way you can share this information with anyone. You put their email address in and they can either look at it or also edit it. You can do this with any document!

Tomorrow or the next day I will be posting the template that Google Docs has for weddings and my version!

No comments:

Post a Comment